Monday, July 22, 2013

30 weeks!

14.07.2013 - 20.07.2013

How far along? 30 weeks!

Baby Size: Baby is the size of a winter squash

Total weight gain: Pretty much the same as last Bump-date! No extra gain so far.

Maternity clothes? Yep – a mix of maternity and non-maternity but I still love my over-the-bump maternity jeans and tights. Recently purchased 2 pretty ASOS Maternity dresses – 1 that was going to be used for our maternity photos but wasn’t, and 1 for our Baby Shower!

Stretch marks? Nope! But using lots of cream and moisturising oil because I get very itchy!

Sleep: Slightly better. Still getting up around 4am to use the bathroom. I’m back in our bed (thanks to some issues with the blow up mattress and a cold, damp winter :( ...) with a foam underlay under our sheets. I’ll let you know if it helps!

Best moment this week: Visiting the physio for the first time. Oh how I’ve been waiting…and it was so helpful! She has shown me where the release points are in my hips for the pain I’ve been experiencing, and gave me a bunch of stretches to help. Another appointment on Monday!
HOWEVER! As wonderful as that was pain-wise…the BEST moment this week has to be our Maternity Shoot, by far! It was SO lovely to catch up with the gorgeous Sandra again, and I just know our photos are going to be amazing. Our Maternity Shoot was one of the milestones I’ve had in my head this whole pregnancy, and I can’t believe it’s done and dusted!

Miss Anything? Being able to get things done in a timeframe I’m used it. I’m so used to moving fast and getting a million things done in my hour lunch break and my, I’m getting very slow these days. It frustrates me!

Movement: We’ve been going Alien Style over the last week, much more visible movement from the outside

Food cravings: Less cravings at the moment! They all seemed to have died down for a bit…

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not particularly. I still can’t stomach the idea of a stir fry or BBQ but being winter they are less prominent meals anyway…

Gender: Still a surprise!

Symptoms: Still got an itchy belly, lots of movement and sore hips when sleeping…occasional heart burn (thankfully it’s dropped back down!). A lot of visible movement and some occasional pressure in my pelvis – like Baby is head butting me (but downwards)!

Belly Button in or out? In – just stretched!

Wedding rings on or off? On – with indents haha

Mood: Been a little emotional this week (poor hubs) and really getting over going to work…but Happy!

Looking forward to: Seeing the photos from our shoot…and our Baby Shower which is NEXT WEEKEND! Eep!

This week I’ve decided to add a new category until the end of the Bump-dates! My cousin asked me whether I had been measuring the Bump. I loved the idea of getting to see how big I get and how much it changes weekly so from now on, I plan to measure around my stomach, in line with my belly button (for consistency). In future updates, this category will be up near Weight Gain!

Bump measurement: 99 cm (just under 39 inches)

Also, from here on our Bump Stickers (purchased here) are fortnightly, instead of monthly as they have been. Ahh! That makes everything seem so much closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...