Wednesday, July 10, 2013

28 weeks!

30.06.2013 - 06.07.2013

How far along? 28 weeks!

Baby Size: Baby is the size of a winter squash

Total weight gain: About 9 kilos at this stage. Eep. Hehe. I’m hoping to stay under a certain figure…it might happen!

Maternity clothes? Yep – a mix of maternity and non-maternity but I still love my over-the-bump maternity jeans and tights. Baby doesn’t like anything that sits on my hips…can’t say I’d like anything pushing in around my head or neck either!

Stretch marks? Nope! But using lots of cream and moisturising oil because I get very itchy! Maybe I’m just paranoid but I think I know where one is going to pop up…

Sleep: Has gotten slightly better than my last post but still rather sucky thanks to my hips. Oh, and the night I woke up to find my air mattress flat…that was a joy! But I got a new (bigger!) one and we’re back on track. Ever since I got my second Anti-D shot and blood tests, my left arm has been cramping up quite bad at night though – the opposite side to the worst hip so…now neither side is comfortable!

Best moment this week: Hearing Little Bean’s heartbeat again, 2 times! Once at my glucose test and again at my Anti-D shot. Washing little people clothes and seeing them around our house (we’ve been given SO many second hand yet almost brand new clothes…so far the girl side is winning!) The BEST moment has to have been watching Hubs and Baby in their own little Morse Code language though haha

Miss Anything? SLEEP!

Movement: Loads and loads! It’s the best when I’m lying behind hubby in bed and Baby kicks out at his back!

Food cravings: Still get random cravings for Milky Bars! Lemon and sugar crepes are still a big one, and the occasional jam donut. The other day I was driving to my parents’ and I had the STRONGEST (and weirdest) craving for some Grape Hubba Bubba…sadly, that one wasn’t fulfilled lol

Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of cigarettes makes me want to hurl…and I haven’t been able to stomach stir fries (which we all normally love!) or BBQs for a while now

Gender: Still a surprise!

Symptoms: Still got an itchy belly, lots of movement and sore hips when sleeping…occasional heart burn (thankfully it’s dropped back down!)

Belly Button in or out? In - just stretched!

Wedding rings on or off? On - with indents haha

Mood: Excited!

Looking forward to: Our maternity shoot with the lovely Sandra Henri! Cannot WAIT to see the photos and she hasn’t even taken them yet :)

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to stay under a certain figure of weight..I didn't think with my size I could gain more than 25 pounds...well I ended up gaining way more than that...hahaha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't stay under but I'd really, really like to haha. Average is apparently 11 - 16kgs? So if I can stay within that I'll stay under my hopeful limit. But so many friends the same size as me put on about 20 with their first! Ahhhh well, it's all worth it!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...