Monday, June 10, 2013

recap: the reception...part two!

Saturday, 29th September, 2012


The party to end all parties, where time flew by and I felt like I wanted to be everywhere at once! Our reception truly seemed to go by in the blink of an eye but was so incredibly wonderful...I will try not to share too many photos, as many of them are of people you don't know, eating, dancing and posing. But I wanted to share those from our speeches, cake cutting and of course, our first dance. Enjoy!

(Please note that I'm super nervous about sharing Sandra's work here but I don't want to watermark her gorgeousness. All the following photos are the work of Sandra Henri Photography and are not to be taken, copied, used or edited in any way without permission from Sandra. Steal them and claim them as your own and we will bust your butt evil copy-right violation people!)

Did you miss Part One?

...time to cut our beautiful cake!




The Dances!

we did things a little different with our dances, having the father/daughter dance first and then having my dad pass my onto my husband for our first dance. traditionally, the order is the other way around. our DJ/MC recommended this order and I have to say I loved it. the only thing it missed was an opportunity for other fathers/daughters to join us. but it felt very special to dance one last time with my daddy before taking my first dance as a wife...


"...and I will dance with Cinderella, while she is here in my arms...'cause I know something the Price never knew...I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song. 'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone..." - Steven Curtis Chapman, 'Cinderella'



our first dance

"Slow down, make it last, I'm having the time of my life. And take your photograph, I don't want to leave this behind...What seems so out of reach, we're holding it right in our hands. Let's give up everything, let's jump in and never look back..."


"...This is all I ever wanted but life got in my way. You're all I ever wanted, I didn't see how it could change, that something was missing until today..." - Brian Melo, 'All I Ever Wanted'

...then everyone else joined in, and forever after began!







...of course, it wouldn't have been a 2012 wedding without some Gangnam Style...and a dance off :)

And so, that brings to a close the recaps of the most wonderful day of my life so far. I still can't believe that this day happened, we are really married and we had such a celebration of love. But writing these recaps have made me remember just how wonderful that day was, and the memory of that will stay with me for a lifetime. I hope you have all enjoyed reading along and I look forward to sharing a few more photos here and there, just not recap style (I haven't shown you any of our beautiful portraits or bridal party shots...but I thought I would save those for later posts). If you have missed anything, have a peek below or on our "Wedding Day" page, up on the main menu bar. To all those planning their weddings - I wish you an amazing day of happiness, joy and love. To those who have finished/are writing their recaps - I hope they help cement your memories, as this process has for me.

Much love,
Amanda xxx

What did you miss?

  1. recap: the girls get purty...nail day!
  2. recap: the night before the big day
  3. recap: bridal party gifts...the boys!
  4. recap: bridal party gifts...the girls!
  5. recap: the girls get ready...part one!
  6. recap: the girls get ready...part two!
  7. recap: the boys get ready!
  8. recap: details - the dress! (and other bridal details)
  9. recap: details - the flowers
  10. recap: arriving at the ceremony
  11. recap: details - the ceremony
  12. recap: the big entrance
  13. recap: we are wed!
  14. recap: the new mr & mrs
  15. recap: details - the reception
  16. recap: the reception...part one

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...