Friday, May 17, 2013

going back to...8 weeks!

10.02.2013 (Mummy and Daddy's dating anniversary! 8 years!) - 16.02.2013
yep, the dates jumped around a little from the last post, after we got a dating scan!

How far along? 8 weeks!

Baby Size: Baby is the size of a raspberry! (Daddy loves this!)

Total weight gain: Maybe a kilo or so…hard to judge since having been weighed anywhere but on our wonky home scales!

Maternity clothes? Hells no – will be a while yet!

Stretch marks? Nope!

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well but back home so I tend to wake up more during the night…your Daddy is a night owl and I’m suddenly woken up much easier

Best moment this week: Having our first scan yesterday to discover we were not 7 weeks 1 day like we thought, but actually 7 weeks and 6 days, which jumped us almost a whole week ahead. It threw me off, however it puts your growth more at where you would be if I ovulated when I thought I did! (which was earlier in the month than it should have been) It was also so exciting to see your little heart beating up there on the screen for the first time and taking home your first photos, little bean!

Miss Anything? Nope, not really! Maybe not being so tired but it’s not too bad (yet!)

Movement: Way too early yet!

Food cravings: One Sunday I was SO nauseous and suddenly all I could fathom eating was a BBQ Cheese Pizza. No one else wanted any…so I bought one just for me. I couldn’t even consider eating anything else that night without wanting to hurl!

Anything making you queasy or sick: See above! Also, the smell of BBQed meat (BBQs are common in our house in summer so this one is hard)

Gender: Will be a surprise for our first little one! I always have thought I would have a boy first but since we found out about you little bean, I’ve been thinking you are a little girl. Daddy (and pretty much everyone else!) thinks so too. Your little 165bmp heart rate makes us think maybe as well! Only Nanny has said boy so far (after seeing your little picture)

Symptoms: Still tender boobs, tired and nauseous, but no actual throwing up…thank goodness! Also light cramping (which freaked Mummy out this week when it got sharp and moved into her back…hence the scan! But all is well).

Belly Button in or out? I have a very deep in! Can’t wait to see what happens!

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Excited! We started telling our family over the last few weeks, and very close friends. Mummy’s brothers and sisters all found out on Australia Day, Oupa, Auntie Leesha, Uncle Michael, Uncle Garth and Aunty Kimmy found out the next day (Aunty Meeka wasn’t home!). We told Ouma the day she came home from America and Aunty Meeka and Uncle Mark the day of cousin Garth’s 6th birthday party! Your faux Aunties, Annie and Kylie (Mummy’s bridesmaids), also know, and Daddy told his best mates, Mark and Brendan (two of our groomsmen!)

Looking forward to: Starting to use my belly stickers, working on our chalk board and recording the beginnings of your little life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...