Wednesday, March 06, 2013

recap: details - the flowers

Saturday, 29th September, 2012

Ooooh our flowers. How I loved them. The bridesmaids bouquets in particular (is that weird?!) Our florists did such a wonderful job...I may have mentioned it before but our bouquet florists were family friends of mine - I grew up dancing with Tiffany, who made and designed our actual bouquets. Her mum has owned their florist store for as long as I remember, and my dad used to help out with deliveries on really busy days of the year (like Valentine's Day) when I was a kid.

Below are the bouquets they made. The girls' were PERFECT. Mine was lovely, I probably would have liked it a little less structured, with more of the dusty miller showing, but other than that it was spot on. It's currently dried out and waiting for me to work some crafty magic to display it! Enjoy!

(Please note that I'm super nervous about sharing Sandra's work here but I don't want to watermark her gorgeousness. All the following photos are the work of Sandra Henri Photography and are not to be taken, copied, used or edited in any way without permission from Sandra. Steal them and claim them as your own and we will bust your butt evil copy-right violation people!)


seeing our flowers for the first time

the gorgeous Tiffany

all boxed up and ready to go!

my bouquet

the girls' bouquets - oh how beautifully did they go with their dresses?! *swoon*

the hubby's boutonniere

pinning my Dad's boutonniere

The following photos are the flowers designed by the team attached to the Sebel. The lady who did these was *lovely* and really tried to listen to what we wanted and what we were having in our bouquets and boutonnieres and make them as close as possible (without seeing them! how hard!). The long and low displayed on the white tale at our ceremony (which was actually a half size long and low - we split two smaller ones over our bridal table, as you'll see in our reception pics!) was moved to our reception afterwards, as were the pedestal flowers AND we got to take them all home afterwards! I wish we could have enjoyed them but since we jetted off to the Gold Coast a day or so later, my Mum gave one to my MIL and kept the other at home. The centrepieces disappeared by the end of the reception, but we were hapy with that since we wanted our families and friends to take them home anyway!



oh my, the chats we had about getting these centrepieces to work :) they were very different from the normal centrepieces the Sebel staff create (mostly glassware, floating candles/flowers, etc.) but we were happy with how they turned out!

Well, that's all our flowers! Onto the nitty gritty...

Next Up: Arriving at the Ceremony!...

Miss something?

  1. recap: the girls get purty...nail day!
  2. recap: the night before the big day
  3. recap: bridal party gifts...the boys!
  4. recap: bridal party gifts...the girls!
  5. recap: the girls get ready...part one!
  6. recap: the girls get ready...part two!
  7. recap: the boys get ready!
  8. recap: details - the dress! (and other bridal details)

2 comments:

  1. Those flowers are seriously gorgeous!! So completely opposite from mine, but I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret!! I loved them :) I have been enjoying following along with your recaps as well!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...