Sunday, December 02, 2012

recap: the girls get ready, part one (pre-photographers!)

Saturday: 29th of September, 2012

I woke bright and early the morning or our wedding at about 6:15am (our hairdressers was due to arrive around 7am and I had to shower, wash my hair and let it air dry...I was the last to get my hair done but I needed to give it time to dry, but also allow my Mum and SIL to shower before the hairdressers arrived).

I woke up, grinned, sat up and stretched. My Mum reached out from next to me in our King size bed in our hotel suite and squeezed my arm. The big day was here. My SIL gave a groan and rolled back over in her single bed in the corner...she wanted more sleep!

I jumped in the shower, trying to gauge whether I was nervous or not. I took my time, relaxing...but I didn't feel particularly nervous!

After my shower we woke up my SIL so she could jump in and the day began! I slipped into my "Bride" singlet and little cotton shorts, breakfast was had and we straightened up one side of the room for it to be ready when our photographers arrived for detail shots. At some point the 3 girls joined us, fresh and showered, from the other room. Our hairdressers arrived about 7:15 (they weren't due to start til 7:30 but had indicated they would probably arrive between 7 and 7:30 to set up) and my sister (who hadn't stayed over) and Bridesmaid Kylie both jumped in the hair dressing chairs first.

Our wonderful hairdressers, Mel and Emma, were so efficient and fast that they finished WAY before our photographers were due at 11:30, and even managed to blow out and style my Mum's hair for her. She hadn't booked in with them because she felt with such a large bridal party they wouldn't have time to do her as well, and had planned to just style her own hair. I'm so glad she got to be pampered as well!

At some point I know my MoH ducked out to the shops, rather early - possibly even before our hairdressers arrived, because she needed toothpaste or a toothbrush...I found that rather entertaining! The following photos are courtesy of her camera (with a few of my own thrown in for good measure) and I'm so glad she managed to capture this for us, before our official photographers arrived!


Only photo I have WITH my nephew...
He crashed out at the reception!
Hottest photo of the Bride ever...but the girls look fab!


The stages of my hair getting done: (some of them are SO attractive, I know!)











I remember when I was getting my hair done, everyone started asking me if I was getting nervous yet. The honest answer was no! When it was tine for my veil to be attached, Mel warned me that often that's when she has found that her Brides get nervous because suddenly they LOOK like a Bride...But no, I still wasn't nervous. I was excited, yes. Ready for the day, yes. But nervous? Nope!

After my hair was done and my veil attached, my dress was hung up and ready for our photographers to arrive!


Next Up: The Girls Get Ready...Part 2!

Miss something?

  1. recap: the girls get purty...nail day!
  2. recap: the night before the big day
  3. recap: bridal party gifts...the boys!
  4. recap: bridal party gifts...the girls!

2 comments:

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...