Wednesday, November 07, 2012

recaps: bridal party gifts...the boys!

September 28, 2012...continued!

While the rain poured down outside, the hubs and I made the decision to exchange gifts with our Bridal party (and he would give the last remaining groomsmen their gifts in the morning...he was supposed to remember to get someone to take photos - I don't think anyone did. Typical males.). Bear in mind that this is actually only HALF of the Bridal parties gifts...but they weren't aware of this at the time.

First up were the men! Given that the majority of the groomsmen were family (or adopted family in the case of the hubs best mates!) 4 out of 5 of them had been in 2 or more weddings recently...and most of them had been in the SAME weddings. So, when picking out their gifts, we really wanted to try and find something that was a little different. All the boys had recently received flasks and beer steins or glasses, so we ruled those out straight away. We opted to purchase the boys' (rather expensive!) ties as part of their gifts, and I packed them up in little boxes which were given to them the night before/morning of the wedding. Along with these, they each received a smaller box. This little gift was probably my favourite part of their present. Anyone who knows my hubs knows how much of a comic fan he is, in particular a Superman fan. And most of his groomsmen are similarly inclined. So, we decided to purchase them each a set of cufflinks that we felt best suited them...It was a lot of fun seeing them open them!

(Ps. please excuse all the bad lighting in the following pictures - the lighting in our rooms at night was TERRIBLE!)

Hayden received "The Punisher" cufflinks
Christopher received "Star Wars" cufflinks
Mark received "Batman" cufflinks

Not pictured: the hubs' brother, Garth, received "Captain America" cufflinks and groomsman Brenden received "Transformer" cufflinks.

I think they all got a kick out of them and we got lots of comments about them from guests, particularly since the hubs had planned to wear his Superman belt on Wedding Day, and his best man had worn his Batman belt!

Speaking of Superman...poor ol' hubs thought he had been left out...I could hardly let him be the only one without some awesome cufflinks could I? (please ignore how awful I look in this picture! It's not a very flattering picture!)

I surprised the hubs with matching cufflinks to his belt...I think he was super chuffed. I had managed to get them delivered to our house without him seeing them! I still don't know how I got that one to work...I had already told him not to get me anything since he had purchased me the matching earrings to my engagement ring, which he had given me months earlier and I had planned to wear for our big day :)

Then, the boys had a toast, kicked us out of their room and we headed back to our suites so I could give the girls the first half of their pressies...

Next Up: Bridal Party Gifts...The Girls!

Miss something?

  1. recap: the girls get purty...nail day!
  2. recap: the night before the big day

2 comments:

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...