Sunday, December 18, 2011

mini theme and a simple DIY

So a mini theme has emerged through our wedding planning, which is really not much of a surprise. It's Cinderella.

Now, if you recall from reading my wedding dress post, Cinderella is my favourite Disney princess (on a side note, Jiminy Cricket is my favourite Disney character and you know what? It's really difficult to find anything Jiminy!!!). Imagine my excitement when my dance school decided to do a Disney finale one year and I got to be Cinderella...we even got to do our performance in local shopping centres, and got to help celebrate Santa's arrival one year!

Yep, that's me - REALLY blonde! (I think I was about 12?)

Now I tried the Alfred Angelo Cinderella dress on for fun - I never planned on wearing it and I'm not interested in a big horse and carriage or glass slippers or anything like that...personally, I'm more of an Ever After kind of Cinderella then a Disney Cinderella (come on, who hasn't fallen in love with Ever After? GREAT movie!)

That doesn't mean I haven't found a way to sneak my favourite fairytale into our wedding day though - I mean, come on...Cinderella IS one of the ultimate wedding fairytales!...

...we're just going the more subtle route!


That leads me to a little DIY project I've been working on the last few days. It's quite simple really -

Take some Kraft paper...

...add the original Grimm's Brother's version of "Cinderella"



Mix in a heart hole punch...

...and add a few hours of Gossip Girl...



And there you have it! A baggy full of cute little DIY goodness to sprinkle where you see fit! I'm thinking cake and/or guestbook table! Cinderella is also there perfect story for this kind of DIY, because there's plenty of "bride", "wedding", "father", "mother", "sister", "beautiful", "dance", etc. to highlight by catching them in the text on the hearts (see a close up of pic 4!), but really you could use any text your heart desires! Maybe the readings from your wedding? Or special song lyrics! What do you guys think?

More Cinderella-sque inclusions for our wedding day in future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...